"Ronaldo is actually the most humble player of all times."
- Jaca Lucu
It takes some conviction and inside knowledge to announce something like this to a World where the majority – including his own fans - don’t put “Ronaldo” and “humble” in the same sentence. But when you find why he says it, I bet you will make your child listen to this episode.
Besides, most Parents and Players don’t interact with Player Agents, but all Players who want to turn Pro will eventually need to know a lot about their service – to make the right choice. Not at all easy - in a field that is widely known to be full of shady practices and underhand deals.
Jaka is one half of a Slovenian player agency (or in football lingo: Intermediaries) – L&F - the other half being his business partner, Gasper. They have seen some success already in this business which they set up about a decade ago. Miha Zajc, their biggest profile player so far is the creative engine at Fenerbache, the famous Turkish club. Which is quite an achievement given that their firm is hardly a decade old in a typically long gestation business.
As people who manage the commercial interests of players and answer to that famous Jerry Maguire call: “Show me the Money”, Jaka and Gasper share some very interesting experiences and insights here:
- What do Football Agents do and why do players need them?
- What do they look for in players who they represent?
- What do players need to have to succeed apart from skills?
- What countries suit players at different periods of their careers?
- And of course - What makes Ronaldo the most humble player of all times?
Listen in by Streaming | Downloading here:
Other options to tune in:
- Listen to this episode on Apple Podcasts.
- Listen to this episode on Android Devices.
- Download as an MP3 by clicking here and choosing ‘Download’.
- Watch a short video extract on YouTube.